Tuesday, April 3, 2012

An Introduction

Greetings, reader!

Welcome to my blog. I have toyed with the notion of creating a blog many times. I've even done an introduction more than once before. Why didn't I create it? Distraction. I have always had things to write about, and I've never been shy about publishing them. I've even gone so far as to type up ideas with the intention of sharing and then leave them completely obscured in a folder on my computer. I just got repeatedly side-tracked before ever posting anything. Well, those days are no more. The time has finally come for me to read through that folder and start putting my thoughts up to be seen. I have no specific theme or intent with this blog -- simply to write, at greater length than is conducive to social networking sites, about subjects which I find important, interesting, upsetting, or humorous. I hope you will find value in what you behold.

The fact that you are reading this now indicates that there is a very high probability that you already know who I am. If this is not the case, I have included a very brief autobiography so that you can get an idea of where I am coming from when forming your prejudices.

Brief biography:
My name is Ben. I have lived my entire life in Los Angeles. I am 24 years old, married to Mariam, and father to Eleanor (Almost 9 months). I have two older brothers, an older sister, and two little sisters. We are of mixed-race heritage (Chinese/White). We were home-schooled until my parents divorced and I started 9th grade. I received my BA in Economics from the University of Berkeley and my Masters in Education from Pepperdine University. I was born and raised in the Presbyterian church. I currently teach Government at a charter high school.

No comments: